FL 3.0 Global Standards Summit – On November 13, 2018, the Academy of Active Learning Arts and Sciences, MEF University, and the Flipped Learning Global Initiative will host the Flipped Learning 3.0 Global Standards Summit to present the first comprehensive map of effective Flipped Learning best practices. The Summit will bring together delegates from around the world who participated in curating the 187 international best practices to discuss their implications for the future of Flipped Learning worldwide.
Global Standards Co-chairs – The Summit will feature 10-minute briefings from the Global Standards Project chairpersons including: Dr. Eric Mazur, the Balkanski Professor of Physics at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education; Dr. Caroline Fell Kurban, Director of MEF University’s Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching in Turkey; Dr. Raul Santiago Campion, Professor of Didactics and Pedagogy at University of La Rioja, Spain; Dr. Gwo-Jen Hwang, Chair Professor, Graduate Institute of Digital Learning and Education, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology; Robyn Brinks Lockwood, instructor, Stanford Language Center; and Jon Bergmann, Chairman and Chief Academic Officer of the Flipped Learning Global Initiative. The Summit will include a special briefing from Dr. Muhammed Sahin, Rector of MEF University — the first fully flipped university in the world.
All presentations will be limited to 10 minutes.
- Opening Presentation – A Global Road Map to Greater Flipped Learning Effectiveness – Jon Bergmann
- Going Global or Falling Behind – Errol St.Clair Smith
- A Higher Education Take on the Global Standards – Robyn Brinks Lockwood
- The Need for a New University Model – Dr. Eric Mazur
- How MEF Created a New University Model – Dr. Muhammed Sahin
- A K-12 Take on the Global Standards – Jon Bergmann
- How Global Standards Enable International Collaboration – Dr. Caroline Fell Kurban
- Looking Beyond What We Already Know About Flipped Learning – Dr. Raul Santiago
- Localizing the Global Standards for Specific Countries and Cultures – Dr. Gwo-JenHwang
- Recognition of Charter Adopters
- International Flipped Learning Award Presentation
- Closing Presentation
Delegates: The Flipped Learning Global Standards Summit will be held in Istanbul, Turkey at MEF University — the first fully flipped university in the world. Attendance is free, but seats are limited. Global Standards Delegates and International Faculty will receive first priority. Invited guests who are not attending The Summit in person can access the live stream of The Summit in real time. Attendees can also tour MEF University to see Flipped Learning at scale.
WATCH FULL SUMMIT VIDEO: